Current Grant Opportunity View - GO1980
Medical Research Future Fund Frontier Health and Medical Research Program Stage One – Research Plan
Show close time for other time zones
The Frontier Health and Medical Research program creates opportunities for researcher collaborations to explore bold and innovative ideas in the health and medical research sector and/or make discoveries of great potential and global impact.
Stage One supports the development of a detailed research and implementation plan that will form the basis of a Stage Two application. The research plan will cover up to five years of activity to take your idea from concept to outcome. You must demonstrate how your idea is novel and transformative, and how you will bring together multi-disciplinary research and industry partners to transform your idea into practical benefit for Australia.
The Stage One grant opportunity will fund up to ten projects. For this Stage One grant opportunity, up to $10 million is available.
- The minimum grant amount is $250,000.
- The maximum grant amount is $1 million.
- The grant amount will be up to 100 per cent of eligible project costs.
- The maximum grant period is one year of execution of grant agreement.
To be eligible you must:
- have an Australian Business Number (ABN)
- be incorporated in Australia
And be one of the following eligible bodies:
- a medical research institute
- a university
- a corporate Commonwealth entity
- a corporation (including businesses and not for profits).
Joint applications are encouraged, provided you have a lead applicant who is the main driver of the project and is eligible to apply.
You are not eligible to apply if you are:
- an individual
- trust (however, an incorporated trustee may apply on behalf of a trust)
- a Commonwealth, State, Territory or local government body (including government business enterprises)
- a non-corporate Commonwealth entity.
For further information on eligibility criteria, refer to the grant opportunity guidelines.
Projects must be completed within one year of execution of the grant agreement.
To apply, go to https://www.business.gov.au/fhmr
business.gov.au provides information and advice to customers via a range of channels including phone (13 28 46), email and web chat. Contact us for assistance.