Current Grant Opportunity View - GO2918
Indigenous Employment Initiative 2020-21 to 2022-23
Show close time for other time zones
The Indigenous Employment Initiative grant program is part of the Health Workforce Program, an Australian Government initiative administered by the Department of Health to improve heath workforce outcomes.
This grant opportunity merges five existing aged care employment programs, and two associated training programs, which commenced between 2007 and 2010, into a single program called the Indigenous Employment Initiative program (IEI program). The merged programs are the:
1. Building an Indigenous Workforce in Community Care;
2. Cape York Jobs Package;
3. National Jobs Creation Package;
4. Northern Territory Jobs Package; and
5. Torres Strait Island Jobs Package.
6. Northern Territory Training Program; and
7. Rural and Remote Training Program.
The IEI program will continue the Government’s policy objective of closing the life expectancy gap between Indigenous and non indigenous Australians within a generation by:
• Creating employment opportunities for Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people as part of the Government’s wider strategy to reduce Indigenous economic disadvantage; and
• Making available a suitably skilled Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander workforce to provide culturally-appropriate age care to older Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people so they can age with dignity in their homes.
The IEI program will run over the three financial years 2020-21 to 2022-23 inclusive.
This is a targeted competitive Grant Opportunity. Only organisations listed at Appendix A are eligible to apply for this Grant Opportunity.
Please only submit your application in .doc, .docx or .pdf format. Applications cannot exceed 20MB. Do not include macros, zip or password protect applications or attachments.
Applications will be accepted only from organisations listed at Appendix A.
Applications must be on the attached application form.
Applications must be lodged no later than 2:00pm Canberra local time on 24 April 2020.