Current Grant Opportunity View - GO1653
2018-2309 – Fostering Integration Grants
Show close time for other time zones
The Australian Government is inviting organisations via an open process to apply to deliver services under the Multicultural Affairs and Citizenship Program – Fostering Integration Grants from 2018-19 to 2019-2020.
Australia is a successful multicultural nation. We have flourished in part thanks to our cultural diversity, underpinned by our common values and commitment to freedom, security and prosperity. The Department of Home Affairs continues to nurture our socially cohesive society by supporting the integration of migrants.
The Fostering Integration Grants Program supports migrants to integrate into Australia by:
- encouraging the social and economic participation of migrants by developing skills and cultural competencies to integrate into Australian social, economic and civil life, and build community resilience
- promoting and encouraging the uptake of Australian values and liberal democracy and amplifying the value of Australian citizenship
- addressing issues within Australian communities that show potential for, or early signs of, low social integration
- promoting a greater understanding and tolerance of racial, religious and cultural diversity.
To be eligible to apply for a grant, you must be a not-for-profit organisation that is a legally registered entity in Australia and be one of the following entity types:
- Indigenous corporation
- Non-corporate state or territory entity
- Corporate state or territory entity
- Local Government entity
- Incorporated association
- Statutory entity
- rustee on behalf of a Trust (signed Trust Deeds must be provided)
Trusts are not legal entities in their own right – to be eligible, only the Trustee for the Trust can apply with providing the signed Trust Deed and any subsequent variations with the Application Form (refer to Attachments Section). Trustees must be an eligible entity type as listed in 3.1 of the Grant Opportunity Guidelines.
Applications from consortia are acceptable, as long as you have a lead applicant who is solely accountable to the Commonwealth for the delivery of the contract and is eligible as per the eligible entities listed above.
For more information please refer to Grant Opportunity Guidelines.
To apply go to the application form here.