Archived Grant Opportunity View - GO801
Discovery Indigenous commencing in 2019
Show close time for other time zones
The Discovery Indigenous scheme provides funding to Administering Organisations to support research programs led by an Indigenous Australian researcher and build research capacity of higher degree research and early career researchers.
The objectives of the Discovery Indigenous scheme are to:
- support excellent basic and applied research and research training by Indigenous Australian researchers as individuals and as teams
- develop the research expertise of Indigenous Australian researchers
- support and retain established Indigenous Australian researchers in Australian higher education institutions
- expand Australia’s knowledge base and research capability.
Organisations that may participate in Discovery Indigenous Projects are:
- Administering Organisation;
- Host Organisations;
- Other Eligible Organisations; and
- Other Organisations.
Participant Eligibility Requirements
Roles that may be undertaken by participants are
- Discovery Australian Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Award (DAATSIA); and
A Proposal must nominate at least one CI or DAATSIA; the first-named CI or DAATSIA must be an Indigenous Australian researcher and will be the Project Leader.
Please refer to the relevant section of the Funding Rules for specific Eligibility requirements.
Up to five consecutive years.
The Proposal must be submitted as a mature research plan presenting the proposed Project ready for implementation and must contain all the information necessary for its assessment without the need for further written or oral explanation, or reference to additional documentation, unless requested by the ARC.
Administering Organisations must submit Proposals through RMS (rms.arc.gov.au) unless otherwise advised by the ARC.
All Proposals must meet the format and content requirements, including certification, as set out in the RMS online form and the relevant scheme Instructions to Applicants.