Current Grant Opportunity View - GO3514
MRFF - National Critical Research Infrastructure Initiative: 2019 Applied Artificial Intelligence Research in Health
Show close time for other time zones
The 2019 Artificial Intelligence Grant Opportunity was announced as part of the Medical Research Future Fund and is an Initiative under the National Critical Research Infrastructure Initiative.
AI will be critical and transformational to the future of health care, with significant opportunities and benefits including: improved efficiency of research, including methodologies and subsequent result output; more informed clinical decision-making; new approaches for healthcare delivery; accelerated and more efficient clinical trials; and empowerment of patients in managing their health.
The aim of this grant opportunity is to enable AI technologies to impact the implementation work of others in the field, and not to be a source of funding for projects limited to either the provision of hardware alone, or implementation of existing programs.
The objectives of the grant opportunity are to:
- translate or implement innovative AI technologies into health applications that benefit multiple health disciplines/areas
- involve consumers in the research journey to ensure the research is applicable to the needs of the Australian community
- increase AI workforce capacity and capability, particularly in relation to health, through cross-sector and interdisciplinary collaboration.
The intended outcome of the grant opportunity is to promote the application of novel AI technologies and methodologies to cross-sectoral and interdisciplinary health research that will transform health care and outcomes through improved preventive, diagnostic and treatment approaches.
To be eligible you must:
- have an Australian Business Number (ABN)
- be incorporated in Australia
and in accordance with s20 and s24 of the MRFF Act 2015, be one of the following entities:
- a medical research institute
- a university
- a corporate Commonwealth entity
- a corporation (including businesses and not for profits)
- a state or territory government
- a state or territory government entity.
Joint applications are encouraged, provided you have a lead organisation who is the main driver of the project and is eligible to apply. For further information on joint applications, refer to section 6.2 of the grant opportunity guidelines.
We cannot waive the eligibility criteria under any circumstances.
You are not eligible to apply if you are:
- an individual
- a partnership
- an unincorporated association
- any organisation not included in section 3.1 of the grant opportunity guidelines
- a trust (however, an incorporated trustee may apply on behalf of a trust)
- a non-corporate Commonwealth entity.
To apply, go to www.business.gov.au/aairh
business.gov.au provides information and advice to customers via a range of channels including phone (13 28 46), email and web chat. Contact us for assistance.