Current Grant Opportunity View - GO967
DFAT 2019 NCP Scholarships Round
Show close time for other time zones
The New Colombo Plan is a signature initiative of the Australian Government, which aims to lift knowledge of the Indo-Pacific in Australia by supporting young Australians to study and undertake Internships in the region.
The New Colombo Plan Scholarship Program (‘the Scholarship Program’) objectives in 2019 are to:
provide up to 120 prestigious and highly-competitive Scholarships
support more study experiences in a broad range of Indo-Pacific locations
encourage New Colombo Plan students to undertakelonger term study, language study and an Internship and/or Mentorship
engage New Colombo Plan students, universities and other stakeholders in public diplomacy and outreach, and
continue to develop an active alumni community for participants to share their experiences, promote the New Colombo Plan and continue to develop knowledge of and professional links with the Indo-Pacific region.
To be eligible, applicants for a New Colombo Plan Scholarship must:
- be nominated by their Home University
- be an Australian citizen. Applicants cannot undertake their Scholarship in a Host Location in which they hold dual citizenship or permanent residency; or in which they have previously been a citizen or permanent resident
- be enrolled in units at an on-shore campus of an Australian University during the application process
- be between 18 and 28 years of age (inclusive) on 1 January 2019
- be undertaking at least one Bachelor Degree or Bachelor Honours Degree when the Scholarship Program commences
- have achieved a minimum 70 per cent graded average or equivalent for their undergraduate course at the time of application, as determined by the nominating Home University
- not be a previous recipient of a New Colombo Plan Scholarship.
Successful applicants are not allowed to commence another Australian Government funded off-shore Scholarship Program or mobility grant (including a New Colombo Plan Mobility Program grant) while undertaking their New Colombo Plan Scholarship Program.
Australian Universities nominate applicants. Nominations open on 1 July 2018 and close 11.30pm Australian Eastern Standard Time (AEST) on 31 July 2018. Nominations must be made via the New Colombo Plan Online website.
Nominated students receive application guidance and an invitation to complete an online application form. Applicants complete their application and gather supporting documentation.