Closed Grant Opportunity View - GO3173
Drought Communities Programme - Drought Community Support Initiative - Round 2
Show close time for other time zones
The Drought Community Support Initiative provides immediate assistance to farmers, farm workers and farm suppliers/contractors who are facing hardship arising from the impact of drought in eligible Local Government Areas.
The intended outcomes of the Drought Community Support Initiative are to:
- help with immediate assistance for farmers, farm workers and farm suppliers/contractors who are facing hardship arising from the impact of drought
- improve levels of economic activity in regions and support local communities.
Selected charity organisations will provide immediate financial support to eligible recipients 18 years of age or older, who are farmers, farm workers and farm suppliers/contractors facing hardship as a result of drought and are living or working in one of the eligible Local Government Areas.
Immediate financial support may constitute up to $3,000 cash per eligible household.
To be eligible you must:
- have an Australian Business Number (ABN)
- be invited to apply, and
- be one of the following charity organisations:
- St Vincent de Paul Society
- The Salvation Army.
Other charities may be invited to apply at the discretion of the Minister for Water Resources, Drought, Rural Finance, natural Disaster and Emergency Management.
To be eligible your project must:
- include eligible activities and eligible expenditure
- establish eligibility criteria for the provision of financial assistance to eligible recipients
- keep a record of provided assistance and submit aggregated data reports to the department
- be completed by 30 June 2020
To be eligible to receive a cash payment the recipient of the benefit must be:
- cash payments to eligible recipients who must be:
- 18 years of age or older and a farmer, farm worker or farm supplier/contractor who:
- lives and/or works in an eligible Local Government Area specified by the Minister responsible for Local Government and listed on business.gov.au and GrantConnect under the Drought Communities Programme
- is in need of financial assistance to pay for food, petrol, utility bills or another need, or is at imminent risk of not being able to pay for these goods and services.
- the benefit provided is limited to one per household up to a maximum cash payment of up to $3,000
- the benefit can be provided to eligible recipients who have received previous financial assistance under the Drought Community Support Initiative or from the funding provided by the Australian Government to the Country Women’s Association of Australia for drought relief assistance
For more information on eligibility you should refer to the grant opportunity guidelines.
To apply, go to www.business.gov.au/dcpsi
business.gov.au provides information and advice to customers via a range of channels including phone (13 28 46), email and web chat. Contact us for assistance.