Closed Grant Opportunity View - GO890
Advanced Manufacturing Growth Fund
Show close time for other time zones
The $47.5 million Advanced Manufacturing Growth Fund supports capital projects to establish and expand advanced manufacturing activities in Victoria and South Australia. The program aims to transition the manufacturing sector and improve the overall efficiency and competitiveness of firms and the broader economy. It is part of the $100 million Advanced Manufacturing Fund announced as part of the 2017-18 Budget designed to boost innovation, skills and employment in advanced manufacturing in Australia.
The program supports capital projects by small and medium enterprises that expand and establish advanced manufacturing using:
design and engineering excellence
innovative business processes
to improve the overall efficiency and competitiveness of firms and the broader economy.
The program aims to:
increase investment in advanced manufacturing activities in Victoria and South Australia
help transition Australia’s manufacturing sector from traditional, heavy industrial processes to knowledge-based manufacturing of higher value products.
The following funding amounts apply:
- The minimum grant amount is $500,000.
- The maximum grant amount is $2.5 million.
- You must complete your project by 30 June 2020.
- Grant funding will be up to one third of your eligible project costs.
- The minimum project amount is $1.5 million.
To be eligible you must:
- be a small or medium enterprise (SME) with up to 199 full time equivalent employees
- be an entity incorporated in Australia
- engage in trading activities that:
- form a sufficiently significant proportion of its overall activities; or
- are a substantial and not merely peripheral activity of the corporation.
- have an Australian Business Number (ABN)
- be registered for the Goods and Services Tax (GST).
You are not eligible to apply if you are:
- income tax exempt
- an individual, partnership or trust (however, an incorporated trustee may apply on behalf of a trust)
- a Commonwealth, state and local government agency or body (including government business enterprises).
To be eligible your project must:
- occur in Victoria or South Australia or both
- have at least $1.5 million in eligible expenditure
- include buying, constructing, installing or commissioning manufacturing capital equipment
- result in commercial production ready manufacturing.
For more information on eligibility please refer to the Grant Opportunity Guidelines.
To apply, go to www.business.gov.au/amgf
business.gov.au provides information and advice to business via a range of channels including phone (13 28 46), email and web chat. Contact us for assistance.