Current Grant Opportunity View - GO2972
Fostering Integration Grants
Show close time for other time zones
The Australian Government is inviting applications through an open competitive process to apply to deliver services under the Multicultural Affairs and Citizenship Program: Fostering Integration Grants in 2019-20.
The objective of the grant opportunity is to facilitate the participation, integration and social cohesion of both newly arrived migrants and culturally diverse communities in Australia by:
encouraging the social and economic participation of migrants by developing skills and cultural competencies to integrate into Australian social, economic and civic life, and build community resilience
promoting and encouraging the uptake of Australian values and liberal democracy and amplifying the value of Australian citizenship
promoting a greater understanding and acceptance of racial, religious and cultural diversity
addressing issues within Australian communities that show potential for, or early signs of, low social integration.
The intended outcome of the grant opportunity is to contribute to an integrated and cohesive multicultural Australia where migrants:
have capacity to communicate in English, the national language of Australia
actively participate in Australian society through work, school, sport or other community activities
embrace Australian values and abide by Australian laws
are gainfully employed
are resilient in times of crisis
have social networks that cross ethnic and religious groups
are welcomed and supported by the broader Australian community.
To be eligible you must be a not-for-profit organisation that is legally registered in Australia and be one of the following entity types:
- Indigenous Corporation
- Incorporated Association
- Trustee on behalf of a Trust
As a not-for-profit organisation you must demonstrate your not-for-profit status through one of the following:
- State or Territory incorporated association registration number or certificate of incorporation, e.g. clubs and other associations.
- Current Australian Charities and Not for profits Commission’s (ACNC) registration, e.g. for organisations registered as a charity.
You must also have the following requirements in place before you apply for this grant opportunity, or be willing to register prior to the execution of the grant agreement:
- An Australian Business Number (ABN)
- An account with an Australian financial institution
Applications from consortia are acceptable, as long as you have a lead applicant who is solely accountable to the Commonwealth for the delivery of grant activities and is an eligible entity as per the list above. Eligible organisations can form a consortia with ineligible organisations.
You are not eligible to apply if you are a/an:
- Corporate Commonwealth Entity
- Non-Corporate Commonwealth Entity
- Non-Corporate Commonwealth Statutory Authority
- Commonwealth Company
- Corporate State or Territory Entity
- Non-corporate State or Territory Entity
- Non-corporate State or Territory Statutory Authority
- Local Government
- International Entity
- Statutory Entity
- Sole Trader
- Unincorporated Association
Funding will also not be provided to organisations that:
- have failed to comply with the terms and conditions of previously awarded grants
- have been implicated in illegal actions such as providing any kind of support, including financial, to terrorist organisations, advocating the use of violence for political means and other unlawful activities.
To apply go to the application form here