Closed Grant Opportunity View - GO2386
GO2386 - Movement Disorder Nurse Specialist Pilot Grant Opportunity
Show close time for other time zones
The Movement Disorder Nurse Specialist Pilot will improve access to specialised nursing care in the community for people living with neurological conditions, including movement disorders such as Parkinson’s disease.
This grant opportunity will provide funding for up to 15 sites for integrated nurse-led models of care in the community for this group of patients via Primary Health Networks (PHNs).
Pilot locations will focus on attracting specialist nurses in a community setting and upskilling nurses in primary care (e.g. general practice). Regional, rural and remote locations will be targeted in this pilot.
The objectives of the grant opportunity are to:
• improve access to quality specialised nursing care for people living with neurological conditions, including movement disorders; and
• increase the capacity of nurses to care for people living with neurological conditions, including movement disorders.
The intended outcomes of the grant opportunity are to:
• improve health outcomes for people living with movement disorders across Australia;
• enhance education and training opportunities for nurses to better care for people living with movement disorders; and
• build the knowledge base, including through sharing lessons learnt across PHNs and through a targeted evaluation.
As this is a closed non-competitive grant opportunity only the PHN organisations listed at Section 4.1 in the Grant Opportunity Guidelines is eligible to apply.
Suitability to receive grant funding will be assessed as per Section 6 of the Grant Opportunity Guidelines.