Current Grant Opportunity View - GO2481
Genomics Health Futures Mission - Flagships - Pathogen Genomics
Show close time for other time zones
The Genomics Health Futures Mission (GHFM) is the centrepiece of the Australian Government's National Health and Medical Industry Growth Plan.
The $106 million Flagships stream forms part of the GHFM and will be delivered over nine years from 2019-20 to 2027-28 through a number of rounds.
This grant opportunity is the first round of the Flagships stream.
The objectives of this grant opportunity are to:
- fund large scale pilot research studies into pathogen genomics late in the research and development pipeline aiming to:
- demonstrate clinical and/or public health utility, cost-effectiveness, and capacity for translation of genomics in the clinic, in recognition that such evidence is critical to the adoption of genomics in mainstream healthcare.
- The minimum grant amount is $1 million.
- The maximum grant amount is $10 million.
The grant amount will be up to 100 per cent of eligible project costs.
The maximum project period is four years.
You must complete your project by 30 June 2023. Any further extension to project period will be subject to the availability of program funds.
To be eligible you must:
- have an Australian Business Number (ABN)
- be incorporated in Australia
and, in accordance with s24 of the Medical Research Future Fund Act 2015, you must be one of the following eligible bodies:
- a medical research institute
- a university
- a corporate Commonwealth entity
- a corporation (including businesses and not for profits).
Joint applications are encouraged, provided you have a lead applicant who is the main driver of the project and is eligible to apply.
To apply, go to www.business.gov.au/pathogengenomics
business.gov.au provides information and advice to customers via a range of channels including phone (13 28 46), email and web chat. Contact us for assistance.