Current Grant Opportunity View - GO2481
Genomics Health Futures Mission - Flagships - Pathogen Genomics
Show close time for other time zones
The Genomics Health Futures Mission (GHFM) is the centrepiece of the Australian Government's National Health and Medical Industry Growth Plan.
The $106 million Flagships stream forms part of the GHFM and will be delivered over nine years from 2019-20 to 2027-28 through a number of rounds.
This grant opportunity is the first round of the Flagships stream.
The objectives of this grant opportunity are to:
- fund large scale pilot research studies into pathogen genomics late in the research and development pipeline aiming to:
- demonstrate clinical and/or public health utility, cost-effectiveness, and capacity for translation of genomics in the clinic, in recognition that such evidence is critical to the adoption of genomics in mainstream healthcare.
- The minimum grant amount is $1 million.
- The maximum grant amount is $10 million.
- The grant amount will be up to 100 per cent of eligible project costs.
You must complete your project by 30 June 2023.
To be eligible you must:
- have an Australian Business Number (ABN)
- be incorporated in Australia
and, in accordance with s24 of the Medical Research Future Fund Act 2015, you must be one of the following eligible bodies:
- a medical research institute
- a university
- a corporate Commonwealth entity
- a corporation (including businesses and not for profits).
Joint applications are encouraged, provided you have a lead applicant who is the main driver of the project and is eligible to apply.
To apply, go to www.business.gov.au/pathogengenomics
business.gov.au provides information and advice to customers via a range of channels including phone (13 28 46), email and web chat. Contact us for assistance.