Archived Grant Opportunity View - GO2537
Cooperative Research Centre (CRC) Grants - Round 21
Show close time for other time zones
Cooperative Research Centres (CRC) support medium to long term industry-led collaborations to solve industry problems and deliver tangible outcomes.
To support the overall aims of the CRC Program, CRCs undertake the following eligible activities. CRCs must:
- be a medium to long term industry-led collaborative research project to solve industry-identified problems and improve the competitiveness, productivity and sustainability of Australian industries
- include an industry-focused education and training program. This must include, but is not limited to, a PhD program that complements the research program and that increases engagement, technology development, skilled employees and R&D capacity within industry entities
- implement strategies that build the R&D capacity within SMEs
- deploy research outputs and encourage take-up by industry.
The grant amount will be up to 50 per cent of eligible grant project value. Eligible grant project value includes the total eligible expenditure (appendix C of the CRC Grant Opportunity Guidelines) plus allowable in-kind contributions (appendix D of the CRC Grant Opportunity Guidelines).
Your total project value may also include eligible special purpose expenditure (appendix E of the CRC Grant Opportunity Guidelines), however these costs are not included in the calculation of your grant amount.
There is no minimum and maximum grant amount. Grants to date have ranged between $7 million and $75 million, depending on the scope and complexity of the project.
Applications are open to all industry sectors and research disciplines. To be eligible for a CRC grant, applications must:
- be submitted by a group of applicants who have agreed to collaborate
- the collaboration must, at a minimum, include one Australian industry entity and one Australian research entity
- demonstrate the ability to at least match (in cash or in-kind) the grant funding sought
- demonstrate the ability to undertake eligible activities of a CRC as outlined in the CRC Grant Opportunity Guidelines.
For more information on eligibility please refer to the Grant Opportunity Guidelines.
10 years maximum
To apply, go to www.business.gov.au/crc-grants.
business.gov.au provides information and advice to customers via a range of channels including phone (13 28 46), email and web chat. Contact us for assistance.