Current Grant Opportunity View - GO2035
Antarctic Science Collaboration Initiative
P: 13 28 46
Show close time for other time zones
The Antarctic Science Collaboration Initiative (ASCI) will support the operation and activities of the Australian Antarctic Program Partnership - a new collaborative Antarctic research partnership that will bring together government and non-government entities to deliver and lead a significant part of the national Antarctic science program. The Australian Antarctic Program Partnership will be Australia's leading research partnership in Southern Ocean and Antarctic Science, focusing on the Australian Antarctic Territory, Southern Ocean and Australia's sub-Antarctic islands. It is expected that the partnership will include, but not be limited to, the Australian Antarctic Division, CSIRO, Geoscience Australia, Bureau of Meteorology and the University of Tasmania.
ASCI will deliver against the Australian Government’s commitment to strategic, long-term investment in science and support our science and research priorities, particularly those relating to climate science.
The objectives of the program are:
- to support research that aims to understand the role of the Antarctic region in the global climate system and the implications on marine ecosystems
- to enable the Australian Antarctic Program Partnership to undertake collaborative science, research and innovation activities under the Australian Antarctic Science Strategic Plan and Australian Antarctic Strategy and 20 Year Action Plan
- to secure Antarctic science jobs in Hobart.
ASCI will provide $50 million over 10 years from 2019/20 until 30 June 2029.
The Antarctic Science Collaboration Initiative grant is only available to the Australian Antarctic Program Partnership. A single application for funding will be submitted by a lead applicant who must:
- be an entity incorporated in Australia
- have an Australian Business Number (ABN)
- be authorised to represent the Australian Antarctic Program Partnership.
The lead applicant must not be a non-corporate Commonwealth entity.
The eligible organisation will receive an invitation to apply with a link to the online application form.
business.gov.au provides information and advice to customers via a range of channels including phone (13 28 46), email and web chat. Contact us for assistance.
P: 13 28 46