Archived Grant Opportunity View - GO1972
Small and Medium Enterprises (SME) Export Hubs
Show close time for other time zones
The Small and Medium Enterprises (SME) grant opportunity will support SME Export Hubs in the development of local, regional and Indigenous brands through business collaborations in the identified areas of competitive strength.
This grant opportunity complements existing initiatives, such as those delivered through the Australian Export Finance Corporation - Efic, the Australian Trade and Investment Commission - Austrade, the Entrepreneurs’ Programme, and the Industry Growth Centres Initiative.
SMEs may be local, regional, remote and/or Indigenous.
The objectives of the grant opportunity are to:
support the establishment and/or operation of SME export hubs (export hubs) in the six Growth Centre sectors:
Food and Agribusiness
Medical Technologies and Pharmaceuticals
Mining Equipment, Technology and Services
Oil, Gas and Energy Resources.
support SME development through facilitation of export opportunities and working with the Growth Centres.
The minimum grant amount is $150,000.
The maximum grant amount is $1.5 million.
The grant amount will be up to 50 per cent of eligible project costs.
The maximum grant period is four years and you must complete your project by 30 June 2022.
The grant opportunity will be delivered through a two-stage competitive selection process.
To be eligible you must:
- have an Australian Business Number (ABN)
- be one of the following entities:
- an incorporated not-for-profit organisation such as
- an incorporated association
- a company limited by guarantee
- a non-distributing co-operative
- an Indigenous not for profit corporation
- a not-for-profit incorporated trustee on behalf of a trust
- an Australian local government agency or body
- an Australian state/territory government agency or body
- a Regional Development Australia (RDA) committee.
If you are applying as a not for profit organisation you must demonstrate your not-for-profit status through one of the following:
- current Australian Charities and Not for profits Commission’s (ACNC) registration
- state or territory incorporated association status
- constitutional documents and/or Articles of Association that demonstrate the not for profit character of your organisation.
You are not eligible to apply if you are:
- an incorporated for-profit organisation
- an unincorporated association
- an individual
- a partnership
- a publicly funded research organisation (PFRO) including universities as defined in appendix A
- a research organisation
- a trust (however, a not for profit incorporated trustee may apply on behalf of a trust)
- a Commonwealth government agency or body (including government business enterprises), unless listed in section 4.1.
To be eligible your project must:
- include eligible activities and eligible expenditure
- have at least $300,000 in eligible expenditure
- support the establishment and/or operation of a new or existing export hub
- support participating SMEs to improve their capability to increase exports, and create jobs
- develop and implement an export strategy, building on identified SME strengths and innovation potential.
Refer to grant opportunity guidelines for further information on eligibility criteria.
To apply, go to https://www.business.gov.au/smeeh
business.gov.au provides information and advice to customers via a range of channels including phone (13 28 46), email and web chat. Contact us for assistance.