Forecast Opportunity View - NHMRC-NIHR 2019
NHMRC-NIHR Collaborative Research Grants Scheme 2019 priorities for funding in 2020
Original: NHMRC-NIHR Collaborative Research Grants Scheme 2019 priorities for funding in 2019
The NHMRC-NIHR Collaborative Research Grants scheme (NHMRC-NIHR scheme) supports Australian participation and collaboration in leading international collaborative research through the United Kingdom’s National Institute for Health Research (NIHR) Health Technology Assessment (HTA) Programme. The HTA Programme funds independent research about the effectiveness, costs and broader impact of healthcare treatments and tests.
Projects involving Australian researchers based in Australia that are chosen by the NIHR for funding, may be eligible for NHMRC support.
Applicants will be required to outline the benefit of the research to Australia in their Research Proposal.
NHMRC is supporting Australian researchers for the following NIHR HTA research topics:
- 18/185 Antipsychotics for anorexia nervosa
- 18/189 Combination treatment for dementia with Lewy Bodies and Parkinson's disease dementia
- 18/191 Care planning intervention for people with dementia who do not have regular contact with an informal carer
- 18/194 Vagus nerve stimulation for highly treatment-resistant depression
- 18/195 Extended treatment in early intervention in psychosis services.
Opportunities for funding will be advertised as a Grant Opportunity on Grant Connect in the second quarter of 2019.